Sunday, August 3, 2008

Random Thoughts IV

1. Back to school tomorrow! Actually, an in-service tomorrow at Walsh University, but it's the first day of my full-time routine starting back.
----What I'm looking forward to about going back? Getting back into the routine, the Heritage Room salad bar, seeing the kiddos, spending less money on all the summer social activity with my friends while Rich is working hard at his day job, wearing my cute dress clothes (I love the Limited!), saving gas money since I live a half mile from school, the pay raise that comes in September, entering the school year with it NOT being my first year somewhere.
----What I'm NOT looking forward to about going back? Having to make all my appointments in the evenings or on Saturdays, putting my puppies in the cage all day, answering the phone all day, less free time for social fun with my teacher girlfriends and my sisters, missing Panera and daytime dollar movies, the flexibility of having no schedule, missing Lake Cable beach, and the end of summer weather!

2. Let's talk about what my work schedule is going to look like this semester (all parts having already been in the plan, but increasing the hours as Rich and I are trying like mad to save all the money we can before the end of the year)... School is M-F 7:00a-3:00p (although it's usually more like 4pm before I get out of there.) Grinders is every Sunday- mostly 10-3, but I'm rotating in an 11-5 every 3 weeks becuase the money is almost double on that shift. THEN, I was asked to supervise master's level students at Walsh who are doing the dual-masters degree like I did (School Counseling and Mental Health Counseling), which entails one hour a week with each student for 10 weeks, plus going to the first 2 practicum class sessions. But, the pay is good and I'm going to try to work with 5 students, which will definitely take 2 evenings each week. THEN, I'm president of the Counseling Honor Society chapter at Walsh, which includes monthly Saturday morning meetings with the board. Hmmmmmmmm........ Does that sound like a Krista schedule or what?!

3. Gosh, I'm exhuasted just writing about that schedule, so I might only have a few more thoughts here.

4. I can't wait for my puppies to grow up now. I love puppies, but I think i'm looking forward to the hyperactivity to drop off a little as adulthood comes along. :-)

5. I really wish I was closer to Cheyenne, who is offically 5 days away from her due date, and I don't have ANY idea when i might get to see that little boy!!!! :-( How about that, Chey, I made your name a link?????? Cool, huh?

6. I have had a headache for 3 days and it's really annoying me. They're the worst! Plus, I needed to pick up my b/c pills yesterday, but my new pharmacy closes at 1:00 on Saturday and I'm used to Walgreens, which has a 24-hour drive thru, and now the pharmacy is closed today. So I have to skip a pill today and can't get there until after my in-service tomorrow, which offically puts me 1 1/2 days off schedule! I hate that!!!

7. Does anyone else get really dry lips at night? My dogs ate my chapstick that i put on every night (both tubes) and I kept waking up last night becuase my lips were so dry!

8. Starbucks doesn't have the light creme frappacino's anymore, and the light blended coffee is really coffee-tasting they said, so I'm back to my Chai tea for good, i think.

9. I think that's all for now... I have to leave for Grinders in a half hour and I need to get ready. CHOU!

1 comment:

Cheyenne and John said...

how was your first day back... you insanely busy girl??? (i'm just not surprised anymore by your crazy schedule!) i'm very impressed that you linked.. you're picking up this blog stuff purty quick!! and it's looking great. i don't think your doggies get dry lips at night anymore. haha.