Saturday, July 26, 2008

Random Thoughts III

1. I'm feeling guilty because we put Harley (the bigger puppy) on the chain instead of letting him run with the invisible fence... He was digging holes places in our yard, and while I'm mad at him for that, his sad eyes make me melt!!! He HATES being chained up now that he's had 3 months of freedom :-(

2. I just went to a beautiful wedding last night. Michelle Congrove (now DeAngelis) looked just gorgeous, but what stood out more was how HAPPY she was! It reminded me of how I felt on my wedding day... what amazing memories!

3. I heard a rumor that the Outback Steakhouse by me was closing and I about lost it! I'm addicted to their tossed salads becuase they have the best ranch dressing anywhere! Actually, I don't even like Ranch dressing other then theirs. Good thing I know all the take-away servers so well and I called right away to ask if this ugly rumor was indeed true. Good news... FALSE!!!!!!! I can continue getting my House salad with extra ranch every four days or so :-) (I make the 2 little sides of Ranch dressing last for 4 salads here at home. Am I a smart cookie or what???)

4. I have two friends having babies in the next 2 months, and I'm having a hard time accepting that Rich and I have agreed to put that step off for another year. I wasn't sure if I had mentioned on here yet that we are hoping (and it's the plan if all goes well) to build a new home next year! We've done quite a bit of background research, have our eye on at least one plot of land, and take advantage of our Harley Davidson to go on weekly rides exploring nearby areas to see if any other lots have popped up. Luckily, today is a beautiful sunny day and we plan to ride again later :-)

5. I think I want to move to Texas and become a Rancher when I retire. (Ok, maybe just a rancher's wife, since I'm not such a huge fan of outdoor work.)

6. I think I hear my pups getting in the trash- again!

7. I have exactly ONE week until I go back to school. I'm going to miss Lake Cable beach and having lunch with all the people I hardly see during the school year! I have come to love love love Panera's strawberry poppyseed salad! I'll miss that too, cuz it's seasonal :-(

8. I looked up the Starbucks nutrition facts and was happily surprised to find that my tall nonfat Chai tea has only 150 calories and 0 grams of fat~ That's less than when I splurge on an ice cream cone or Dr. Pepper when i'm working at Grinders! AND... i've avoided the frozen frappacino's due to fat and calories, and i can get a light version of the vanilla bean frozen drink for only 150 calores and 1g of fat as well! I'll have to try it :-)

9. So far, I'm enjoying my new phone, the Voyager from Verizon. I have no idea how to use most of the features, but I'm a touch screen fanatic so that's fun.

10. Rich has only 2 classes left of his 14 month program! It's almost August and he's done October 30th. That will take SUCH a load off this household!!!!!

11. Chou!

2 comments:

Cheyenne and John said...

How's Gramps doing?
Those lil rascals... dogs can be sooo darn cute that it's hard to get mad at them!
did you end up taking the Harley out for a spin? Are you still looking in Canton?
hahaha- the rancher comment is b/c of my folks! When I read it at first, I thought it was completely random but I noticed you commented on their site!!
The talk of Panera REALLY makes me crave! We don't have one here.
I chuckled when I read you ran over your phone too.. I'm glad to know you're with Verizon- FREE TALK TIME!! YAY!!!!!

Mike and Judi Winslow said...

Hey... I was going to get your e-mail address from Cheyenne, then discovered I could click on your post on our blog and... ta da... it linked to yours!!! So, about ranch life.. you're welcome to come visit (and check it out) whenever you like! We'd love a visit and to meet your hubby!! Of course right now we're on Riley-alert so I can help her the first couple of weeks. My rancher is going to have to give my babies love while I'm gone with Chey!! : )